jOuRNaL oF niC

To live the fullness of live

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Bersih 3.0 - 428


428 is a historical day to Malaysian and also to myself. That very day is my first protest in life. Time is very precious to me. Those days I would rather spend time doing nothing than attending any political rally/protest. To me, only those have too much time will protest. 

I remember a poem with title" Malaysia, tanahair ku" in primary school, it describe the love of Malaysia by a poet. I don't understand what make the poet loves the country so much. I never love Malaysia. Simply because I do not feel belong to Malaysia. I believe most of Malaysian, especial Chinese has a dream of migrating to other country. I myself was the first one to raise hand when someone ask about this. Since I am a Malaysia ' second class ' citizen, why should I not migrate to other country as their second class citizen where they have better infrastructure, greener environment to live, better education and job opportunity than Malaysia?
When we were kids, Nikki and me always "cursing" Tunku Abdul Rahman, the Father of Malaysia. Why this Tunku so busybody, got nothing better to do is it?  Fight for independence?! Why people rejoice for this? What is the need to fight for independence? Is there any difference after independence? Maybe to some of the people it do but we don't see nor feel it. After all, it is not a bad idea to let the British people rules the country. 

After Bersih 3.0, I deeply understand the reason of people protest. It is not because they are too free or got nothing better to do. It is the love that make them stood up. Love of parent to their children. Our decision and act will directly affect our children. The future of a country represent the future of our next generation. No one love to see their children become slave of other nation. Only those who truly love the country will protect his people from all the harms. They will use all their strength and heart to rules the country. Just like how a husband protect his wife and his children. I think the very reason Tunku fight for independence was because our ancestors had seen how British people, the colonizer took advantage of this land.

Though we are now an independent nation but our government use all their way to rob his people. They make no different with colonizer. Corruption, unfair, dirty, undemocratic election, injustice and  people lose their ownership in this land. It happen openly! To me, Bersih rally is just another form of fighting independence. I salute those who actually sacrifice their life for this 'independence'.

I cried when I saw 15 polices beating a reporter, more than three polices beating up a surrendered protester and many more. It is a shame to tell my children that this is the country we belong to. Government use our tax to feed a group of barbarians.