jOuRNaL oF niC

To live the fullness of live

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Urban Street Sleeper 2.0


During our second mission of visiting the homeless, I met three aunties at Komtar bus station. It was around 1.00 am morning and I was a surprise to see them still hanging around Komtar to collect empty aluminium cans. These aunties are old enough to be my grandmother. 

One of them actually beg food from me. She requested two package of rice because her room mate who is older than her cannot walk. The room mate is sleeping and she is also one of aluminium can collector. Although they are not street sleeper but they spend all their time at streets. 

As they share with me how much they need to pay for a small room rental, it shock me. Only RM 170 ! So cheap. But then, to them is a huge amount. Their income are only merely enough for rental. If there is left over, they will keep it for next month. Only RM85 per person, what's the big deal?! We spend almost RM85 for buffet and these people actually struggle for whole month. At these age, staying in a small room, collecting empty cans and used paper as their only income. It is sad to see this. 

I'm grateful as my God's provision is beyond than my need. My condo have another two empty rooms with nice sea view. While some people found no place to sleep and sleep at street, Nikki and I 'struggle' which house should we overnight. Though all houses are flat and condos, but compare to them, we are so blessed. 

Lord, thank you for giving me such a beautiful parent. They might not very rich, but they are good enough as my parent. Papa and mum spend all their time to educate us and to provide our daily needs. Thanks ! It was wonderful to know these aunties. I pray the same love and provision of You will overflow in their life as well. By the power of Your blood, break the curse and no more condemnation. Grant them good health, joyful life and a new mind which acknowledge You as their only heavenly father. Pray this in Jesus' name. Amen !