jOuRNaL oF niC

To live the fullness of live

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Reign over death



Today scripture was taken from Romans 5:17

17For if by the one man’s offense death reigned through the one, much more those who receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ…

The one man's offense death is referred to Adam. The sin of Adam bring physical death and spiritual death. Besides physical and spiritual death, there are a few manifestation of death. These included weakness, powerless, tiredness, sickness and illness. 

By the promises of God, we as His children are no longer in the bondage of death. Instead we are called to reign. The more we believe in His grace, undeserved favor, and the more we believe we are righteous by His deeds and not by our good behaviour, the more we will reign over all forms of death.


Lord, thank you for establishing a new covenant with me. Under Your grace, I found no condemnation but full of Your love and righteousness. From this moment onwards, I will reign over all forms of death. This reign take place not because of my good deed but by Your blood. In You, I found righteousness. Hence all the good things will circulating in my life and victories will be at my side. Thank You for lifting me high. In Jesus' name. Amen !